UNICEF welcomes approval of National Children’s Strategy for Azerbaijan
UNICEF welcomes yesterday’s Presidential Decree approving a new ten-year National Children’s Strategy for Azerbaijan, the agency’s Baku Office told Report.
“UNICEF is working closely with the State Committee for Family, Women and Children’s Affairs to help finalize a National Action Plan for Children that will transform the new Strategy into clearly defined policy and program activities necessary to achieve the goals of the Strategy. It will continue to offer its technical support and collaboration to the Government to enable these activities to be implemented for the benefit of every child in Azerbaijan,” said the agency.
The Strategy sets out a comprehensive long-term vision to address a wide range of issues and challenges affecting children, including:
– the need for an improved legislative framework and mechanisms to strengthen the protection of children
– improving the monitoring of child rights in the country
– strengthening social security of vulnerable children
– supporting early childhood development including child nutrition, and early detection and prevention of disabilities
– supporting children’s participation and organization of leisure time.