The series of the training program are conducting for the purpose of teaching and improving the skills of the representatives of public associations operating in the field of disability on preparation of the alternative reports held by the Union of Disabled Peoples Organizations within the framework of the “Strengthening organizations of persons with disabilities in the preparation of alternative reports” project within the “Protection of the Rights of Vulnerable Groups in Azerbaijan” project funded by the European Union and implemented by the Office of High Commissioner for Human Rights.
The following topics have been covered during the 2nd training session:
Day 1. Alternative reports
- Alternative reports to the Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Purposes and procedures of the Alternative reports
- The Structure of the Alternative reports
- What should we know in preparation process?
- Participation at the Session and Pre-session
- Collection of information for alternative reports
- Recommendations. How to follow-up?
- The role of NGOs in implementation of the Recommendations
Day 2. Individual complaints
- The procedures on consideration of the complaints at the Treaty Bodies
- Who can submit complaints?
- The structure of the complaints
- Interstate complaints
- Individual complaints to the Committee on the Rights of the PWDs
- Optional protocol to the Convention on the rights of PWDs
- Group Work on Preparations of the Individual complaints.
Special Rapporteur on the Rights of the PWDs
- How to communicate and submit information to the Rapporteur?
- The mandate of the Special Rapporteur
- Thematic and country based reports of the Special Rapporteur
During the training sessions the following training tools have been used:
- Pre-test and Post Test training knowledge test and evaluation
- PPT Presentations
- Group works (Case law of CRPD)
- Interactive Q & As
- Experience sharing among PWD and Others participating NGOs