The Annual General Assembly of the Alliance of NGOs on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice took place on 19 May and was entirely held remotely (via Webex and Electionrunner). Chairman of the Legal Analysis and Research Public Union, Ramil Iskandarli also took part in the event and voted in the elections.
- AAA – Herta Kaschitz-Wüstenhagen
- ACJS – Philip Reichel
- ACPF – Jolanta Redo
- CNRG – Farai Maguwu
- Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd – Winifred Doherty
- CROSS – Christian Ponti
- CWOB – Jay Albanese
- DJP – Tobias Krachler
- GI TOC – Ian Tennant
- IAAI – Michael Platzer
- IADL – Evelyn Dürmayer
- IBVM – Cecilia O’Dwyer
- IDPC – Jamie Bridge
- IFBPW – Marlene Parenzan
- IFNGO – Tobias Krachler
- OFAP – Anna Alvazzi del Frate
- PIPS – Tariq Khosa
- RAPHA Int. – David Peters and Gerson Nozea
- WFWP – Maria Riehl and Renate Amesbauer
- WSV – Michael O’Connell
- ZONTA Int – Ingeborg Geyer
- LAR Ramil Iskandarli
- ILF Rachel Aicher
- SI Marion Prechtl and Linda Witong
Individual Members: Yasushi Higashizawa, Michael Jandl, Ugi Zvekic, Gary Hill
Observers: Mirella Dummar-Frahi, Anders Frantzen
Agenda of the Annual General Assembly
1. Welcome, confirmation of participants and verification of the quorum
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Minutes of previous General Assembly
4. Reports from Chair, Secretary and Treasurer
5. Reports from the Auditors
6. Approval of the financial report and the audited annual accounts
7. Report of the nominations committee
8. Election of members of the Board – report of Elections committee
9. Adoption of provisional budget
10. Discussion and adoption of resolutions:
a. Nomination of honorary members (art 4.2.3 of the Statutes)
- The Annual General Assembly was entirely held via Webex, facilitated by the Secretary of the Alliance, Tobias Krachler. The Chair, Anna Alvazzi del Frate, welcomed the participants, while the Treasurer, Ingeborg Geyer confirmed the accreditation and verified the quorum which was met at 15:30 Vienna time with 23 Ordinary Members.
- The Chair introduced the Agenda, which was approved by consensus.
- The Chair introduced the minutes of the Extraordinary General Assembly held on 14 October 2020, which were approved by consensus.
- reported on the activities of Alliance since the previous General Assembly, which took place on 14 October. Due to social distancing measures, in the period between October and May activities – with very few exceptions – took place in a remote format, including Board meetings and monthly meetings with members. The Alliance participated in UN events such as the reconvened sessions of the CND and CCPCJ, the 14th Crime Congress and various intersessional meetings. She also presented the Annual Reports of 2019 and 2020 which can be found on the website.
The Secretary reported on the facilitated informal meetings, webinars, and side events in 2020 and 2021. The Alliance will move to the Sendinblue service to communicate with its members in the future. It facilitates the communication with the growing number of members. Additional changes to the website are also planned for 2021 to accommodate new arising topics.
The Treasurer reported on the financial and membership activities of the Alliance. She presented a report on the Alliance’s 2020 and 2021 Budget as outlined in the attached documents, comparing the proposed budget with the realized income and expenditures.
The reports of the Chair, Secretary and Treasurer were approved.
- The report from the Auditors was approved.
- The financial report and the audited annual accounts were approved.
- The report by the Nominations Committee was approved.
- The elections committee presented the results of the election. Out of the 44 Ordinary Members who could vote, 32 voted. For the position of Chair, Anna Alvazzi del Frate (OFAP) received 30 votes. For the position of Vice-Chairs, Ian Tennant (GI-TOC) received 27 votes, Phil Reichel (ACJS) received 26 votes, and Michael O’Connell (WS) received 24 votes. For the position of Member of the Board, Jolanta Redo (ACPF) received 29 votes, Linda Witong (Soroptimists) received 24 votes. For the position of Treasurer, Ingeborg Geyer (Zonta) received 30 votes. For the position of Secretary, Tobias Krachler (DJP) received 32 votes.
- The provisional budget was adopted-
- a. The Chair introduced the resolution on honorary members. The General Assembly approved and welcomed Gary Hill as an honorary member.
The Chair reminded the participants of the upcoming 6th Informal Meeting on 10th of June at 5 pm.
The General Assembly was closed at 16:02.
The results of the elections for the 2021-2023 period were the following:
Anna Alvazzi del Frate (OFAP) – Chair
Tobias Krachler (Dominicans for Justice ) – Secretary
Ingeborg Geyer (Zonta International) – Treasurer
Michael O’Connell (WSV) – Vice-Chair
Philip Reichel (ACJS) – Vice-Chair
Ian Tennant (GI) – Vice-Chair
Jolanta Redo (ACPF) – Board Member
Linda Witong (Soroptimist) – Board Member
The GA also approved the resolution nominating Gary Hill as Honorary Member.
21 May, 2021
©Alliance of NGOs on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice