Call for participation to the Model European Union Conference in Baku, Azerbaijan
Call for Participation
European Union Simulation
17 June 2012
The European Union Delegation to Azerbaijan announces a call for participation to the Model
European Union Conference in Baku, Azerbaijan on 17 June 2012.
The Model EU Conference is a simulation of the EU working procedure that will provide university students with the opportunity to learn about decision-making, debating and conducting negotiations at an EU level and gain first-hand experience with international diplomacy. During the Model EU Conference 30 selected students from state and private universities will discuss the relations between European Union and the Republic of Azerbaijan. Prior to the conference, the participants will be briefed on negotiation, speech writing and public speaking skills as well as on the EU’s activities and international relations in general. The students are expected to start extensive research on given topics. Participants also will be provided with a handbook giving information about the procedure of the Conference. A certificate of participation will be issued for those who attend all sessions. The working language of the event will be English.
• To give students from Azerbaijani universities better knowledge of the EU, its core values and
activities, and relations with Azerbaijan. It also aims at providing the younger generation with a
comprehensive understanding of functioning of the EU institutions;
• To promote dialogue and co-operation, mutual respect among young people
• To raise awareness of the EU in Azerbaijan by launching discussions in the Universities on topics focusing on the European Union activities.
• Undergraduate and Postgraduate students;
• Fluent English;
• Interest in International Affairs, EU law, Political sciences, International Trade, Energy, etc.;
• Full participation and availability for the whole pre-conference and conference period;
• Advanced writing and public speaking skills.
Note: In a course of the conference participants will be required to prepare position papers, write
final reports, make an opening speech and actively participate in debates.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV and Motivation Letter (max. 1 page) in English to the
attention of Sevinj Gasimzade (Sevinj.GASIMZADE@eeas.europa.eu; Tel: 4972063, ext. 847) by
25 May 2012.