2013/2014 ECEAP/ESD scholarship program for Azerbaijan
In the academic year 2013/2014 Estonian Center of Eastern Partnership (ECEAP) in co-operation with the Estonian School of Diplomacy (ESD), the Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Swedish International Development Co-operation Agency (SIDA) is offering scholarships for young Azerbaijani diplomats and civil servants to participate in training program International Relations and European Integration to take place at the Estonian School of Diplomacy in Tallinn, from September 2013 until May 2014.
Training course International Relations and European Integration with the value of 60 ECTS credit points starts on 17 September 2013 and ends on 31 May 2014. Successful students receive the ESD diploma and academic record.
The training course includes three thematic modules:
– International Relations
– European Studies
Language of instruction is English.
International study group consists of 28 students
Lecturers come from Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, USA and Russia.
Detailed curriculum for 2013/2014 will be made available at ESD web site (http://www.edk.edu.ee).
Scholarship covers all expenses related to participation in the training course as following:
– Tuition fee
– Monthly allowance (450 EUR)
– Accommodation in shared apartment in Tallinn (incl. utilities and internet connection)
– Health insurance in Estonia during the studies
– costs of Schengen visa and residence permit in Estonia
Scholarship does NOT cover the costs of travel to and from Tallinn.
The person applying for the scholarship:
– holds Azerbaijani citizenship,
– is not older than 35 years (when applying),
– has very good command of English (speaking, reading, writing skills are required on the level of advanced),
– is currently employed by the Azerbaijani foreign, including EU-related, or other civil services with international outreach; or is affiliated within International Relations discipline in public institution (state university, research institute, think tank), and has been employed there at least one year.
– is highly motivated to learn about international relations and related disciplines. Priority will be given for the candidates strongly motivated to continue their professional careers within the field of IR/foreign policy/diplomacy.
– is hard working, co-operative and ready for cross-cultural study environment.
The applicant should present:
– ESD application form (downloadable on www.edk.edu.ee,
– CV in English,
– Motivation letter (300-400 words, explaining the reasons for applying, previous experience and how the studies will benefit the student’s future development),
– copies of university transcript in (unofficial) English translation, i.e. diploma of higher education and academic record,
– copy of (international) passport,
– 1 passport-sized photograph (to be added to the application form),
– academic essay (1300-1500 words with references) to be written on one of the topics below:
1. Middle East after Arab Spring
2. Eastern Partnership countries in ten years time
3. Is China going to seize Africa?
Application documents can be submitted by using Online Scholarship Application System or mailed to the following address:
Estonian School of Diplomacy
2 Tõnismägi Street
Application must reach ESD by May 31, 2013 at the latest. In case necessary telephone or interviews on Skype will be made with potential candidates.
All candidates will be informed by e-mail about their enrolment status at the latest on June 7, 2013.