According to the Law “On Public Participation” and the “Regulation on the Election of the Public Council by Civil Society Institutions”, elections were held for the Public Council (hereinafter – the Public Council) under the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
6 candidates who received the required majority of votes were elected as members of the Public Council:
- Fuad Aliyev – “Support for the Protection of Civil Rights” Public Union
- Gunel Gozalova – “Support to the Development of Journalistic Art” Public Union
- Ramil Iskandarli – “Legal Analysis and Research” Public Union
- Rahila Mehtiyeva – “Socio-Economic and Ecological Development” Public Union
- Adil Shukurov – “Migration Volunteer” Public Union
- Asim Valiyev – “Support to the Professional Development of Young Diplomats” Public Union
Since it was decided that the Public Council should operate in the composition of 9 people, in accordance with the relevant legislation, for the remained 3 vacant seats, on July 21, 2023, the re-elections will be held.
Source: State Migration Service.